Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Wish List

Oh man, I don't need any new horse stuff. I really don't. But, this isn't my "I need this" list as much as it is "this would be really fun to have." I made a Christmas list for my mom, and some of this is on it, but some of it I didn't find until after I made the list. Adding to it after the fact seems greedy, but I'll post it up here because it's all fun.


 I'm a tack junkie and I'm also really into my horses looking great all the time. One thing that helps a great deal with that is sparkling tack. I've heard nothing but good things about this Higher Standards saddle soap. If I had to pick a scent, I'd definitely go with citrus ginger.











 I've mentioned the Cambridge Jumping Boots from Dream Horse Tack before, but it bears repeating.
I just love love love these. I also like the Carnivale Boots in midnight blue, but those would definitely just be for schooling, for I am an old school human and don't like colorful things in the show ring except maybe ear nets.







One for the "I guess I'm a grownup now" category: I'd really love - to the point that I might buy it myself - a membership in US Rider. It's like AAA, but they'll take care of your rig and horses, too. It would cover me even if someone else was hauling my horse. I gotta get on this one at some point - maybe once I make those big visiting faculty bucks!
                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                                Since I'm going to be in the frozen north for awhile, I think I need to figure out how to get my hands on these Mountain Horse winter riding boots. I like them because they don't have chunky soles, so I won't be afraid to ride in them.















Lex will also need to be warm, and I think she'd look stunning in this dress sheet (even though Dover is the worst etc.). How convenient that it comes in our colors already!




Finally, I am totally lusting after this Walsh halter. I can't decide if I'd rather have the padding in navy or gunmetal. I wouldn't cry if I wound up with the coordinating lead, either. This is not the kind of thing I'd ever expect to get, but again, wish list, not need list.












What about you? Anything especially fun? Am I missing something obvious in the "I don't need this but it would be fun" list?

9 comments:

  1. Walsh haltertags are well worth the money. They last forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want those jumping boots! So pretty and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want most of the items you posted. Good taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE my Mountain Horse Winter Tall Boots! You won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want those Cambridge boots SO BAD... for no reason at all. I mean, I'm a hunter -- Miles can't even wear them in the ring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well maybe you'll do an eq class sometime. :)

      Delete